Sunday, November 18, 2012

Emerging

Don't you hate it when you start up a blog and then fall off the map?

I went through a sort of funk for about six weeks. No good explanation, maybe just the rebound effect of intense stress. And then, it took me about two weeks to sort of 'repair' from that massive funk. But, it has past and I'm in a better place than I've been maybe ever. And considering that there are some very unsettling circumstances in the temporal parts of my life, that's saying a lot. The things that are most important to me - my family, my marriage, my health - physically and spiritually - are being well tended. It's those things that I have absolutely no control over that are in a giant flux. But, what can I do about things I can't control? Just come up with a strong safety net...
Enough about all of this. Sorry if it's cryptic. I hate cryptic posts, but it's something I can't talk about because, frankly, I should have never known in the first place... Ugh, the life of someone who has their hands in more information than they wish they did.

Anyway. On to happier things. I've decided long term goals for me at he moment are absolutely impossible - unless I want to constantly rub my own inadequacies in my face. So, I'm focusing on little daily feats. After all, by small and simple things are great things brought to pass. My goal for tomorrow is to maintain this peace that I am so blessed with in such a crazy time and not let myself get rattled by the said uncontrolled circumstances eluded to above.

No comments:

Post a Comment