Sunday, November 18, 2012

This Face

Today was just awesome. We, collectively as a family, did absolutely nothing and are now refreshed and ready for the week (which will be a short work week - hurray!). We did find some time to make the most delicious chocolate chip cookies, however, so it wasn't a complete waste of a day.

And, this happened...
My little guy has been having teeth fall out left and right. It usually takes months for one to finally make it out (he's unsually patient), but this one just popped right out today. It's seriously a big deal in our house because he's my oldest and this is the first time I've really been through the whole losing baby teeth thing. I usually get ridiculously sentimental about the whole thing, holding his little tooth in my hand, thinking about how it was in his mouth when he was a chunky little one-year-old. Which is gross, really. I'd never in a million years stick my fingers in his mouth, but there I am cradling this little 7-year-old tooth...

It was fun getting pictures of him. He hates the flash on the camera and starts pulling faces like Chandler on that one episode of Friends when he and Monica went to get their engagement pictures...

This was one of my favorites, though:

He's such a handsome boy. He's got to stop growing up so fast. I just don't know what to do! He turns eight this week and will be celebrating his birthday Avenger style (I still have NO idea what I'm going to have planned, by the way). He has way too much faith in me and my party-planning abilities.
So, here's to my boy and his toothless grin. :)

1 comment:

  1. Joe is such a good looking kid. So glad he's my grandson.....Mom

    ReplyDelete