Friday, September 6, 2013

Blog Break

Maybe for a while. Maybe forever.

I've had an interesting experience this week. A blog post was written by someone I've never met. I thought what she had to write was fantastic and shared it with friends on Facebook. While many of my friends sang praises to the blogger, some others yelled from the rooftops about what a crime her opinions and perspectives were. And, I realized... I don't want to be in her shoes.

I love to write. I love to share my thoughts. But, I'm also very private. There are parts of my life that are pearls to me and I don't want to become so careless that I throw them out to world to decide for me whether or not they are special.

I have felt like something is missing from my life for the last few days and haven't been able to put my finger on quite what it is until this morning. And now I know. It's simplicity. All that I want is a simple, quiet life wrapped up in the love of my husband and children. Everything else is just the frosting on the cake.

So, I will continue to write. But, it will be in journals that my children can read when they're grown. I will continue my acts of kindness, but will keep them to myself. I don't want to be a loud voice screaming out to the world for attention. I want my world to be smaller. I want to have an impact on that world - and I will. But, I don't feel it necessary (at this moment) to make my voice heard for all to hear - just to those around me.

1 comment:

  1. Does this mean that you're not going to be writing on your blog anymore? I sure have enjoy reading what you have to say. I hope this isn't the end.
    And yearning for simplicity reminds me of when I made that needlepoint that said "Tis a gift to be simple, Tis a gift to be free". Do you remember that one? I, too, love the simple life.
    I hope I see more of your writings on here every so often.
    I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete